A Summer Playlist In Honor Of Flowers
It’s summertime, and the living is easy—and so is the music! Casas Adobes Flower Shop thinks it’s the perfect moment to cue up your essential summer playlist, and we’ve got one to add to the mix. Ours is floral-inspired, featuring songs that take inspo from the garden and the forest, two things we hope you’ll be enjoying while you’re outdoors this season. So charge up your sound dock or pop in your ear buds—this one’s for you.
- What floral-forward playlist would be complete without Poison’s Every Rose Has Its Thorn? This eighties rock classic is powerful and epic—the perfect song to throw on during a summer barbecue. The roses below won’t have thorns, though. We guarantee it.
- Radiohead’s Lotus Flower is one of those cool, moody songs that is as enchanting as a midsummer night (and you might consider playing it in the background for that evening swim or cocktails on the porch).
- When Seal debuted Kiss From A Rose in 1991, we were all swooning. This passionate ode to a lady love is lighthearted enough to play day or night.
- Shinedown’s Amaryllis is a hopeful, uplifting ode to endurance, and the band couldn’t have picked a better flower to center its song around: amaryllis means “to sparkle.”
- Who can forget The Foundations Build Me Up Buttercup? This catchy tune is impossible not to sing along with, given its cheerful and yet plaintive call for encouragement rather than a break up. “Buttercup” is used as an endearing nickname here, and we’re all about it.We hope our song selection will have you dancing barefoot in the grass this summer.