Ringing in the New Year with an engagement is a sure way to get the year off to a fantastic start. Couples professing their love to each other and their desire to commit for a lifetime is a joyous occasion.
Once the confetti is cleaned up, however, most couples realize that they now have a considerable amount of work ahead of them to plan the perfect wedding day. The question of where to begin is on the minds of many couples. Here are a few basic steps that couples can use to help them relax and get started on wedding planning without excessive stress.
- Allow time to just be excited and celebrate with friends and family. Call everyone and tell them the exciting news. Go out for special dinners to celebrate. Enjoy the moment before the stress begins.
- Once the initial excitement begins to die down, start to think about overarching questions that will dictate the rest of the wedding planning. For example, discuss whether an indoor or outdoor wedding and reception would be preferred. Consider possible venues and how they compare to an estimated guest list. Determine the budget that the couple will have to work with and where the priorities lie.
- After the opening questions have been addressed, it is then time to discuss details that will get the planning started. Selecting the wedding colors is an important part of this process. The wedding colors will help to set the mood and atmosphere of the wedding, so they should be chosen carefully. Some people will want to create a more formal atmosphere. Dark reds, such as the colors found in the red rose, can help to capture this idea. Other couples might prefer something lighter and more airy, such as pastels.
- Take care of the major decisions, such as the venue, the dresses and the food, carefully and precisely. It is important to leave enough time for details such as dress alterations and to make sure that the right caterer can be booked that day.
- Once the major decisions have been made, in the final weeks and months leading up to the big day, couples will want to finalize their last details. Select the flower arrangements and place the order. Flowers can add so much personality to a wedding. For example, consider how sunflowers can help make everything pop and appear beautiful. Also remember to design seating charts and help out-of-town guests with hotel blocks when needed.
Planning a wedding can be fun and exciting, but the couple needs to have the right attitude about the process. At Casas Flowers, we look forward to helping you plan the perfect celebration of your love.