Adair Avalon Chapel
The Adair Funeral Homes were founded in 1956 by Arthur J. and Martha J. Adair. At that time Arthur had already been working in the funeral industry in Tucson for 18 years and had received his degree from the California College of Mortuary Science. This first location at 1050 N. Dodge Blvd. in Tucson was considered by most people to be too far out of the city to be able to "make a go" of it. However due to the extremely outgoing and caring personality of Mr. and Mrs. Adair, and their rigid standards of service to every family, the funeral home grew at a rapid rate and currently approximately 1000 families are served every year from this main location.
Even with the three chapels operating now, the entire operation is entirely maintained and owned by the Adair family and truly remains a "family owned and operated" business, and continues to strive to maintain the original values and principles of Arthur and Martha Adair.