When you think of romance and flowers, you may think of Valentine’s Day, and while that is the undeniable holiday set aside for romance, it is only one day. Nothing can compare to celebrating your love like having the entire month of August, which has been dubbed National Romance Month! That’s right, an entire 31 days have been set aside for you to express your feelings, get creative, and wow that special someone in your life. So, what are you going to do to express your love? To inspire you, the experts here at Casas Adobes Flowers have collected a few interesting trivia facts about love and romance, including the top 5 most romantic flowers.
Dedicated to Love: Casas Adobes Flower Shop has been providing flowers for romance for over 50 years. Red roses are the undisputed champion when it comes to romance, but did you know there are other choices that also signify your adoration? Here are the top 5 romantic blooms based on symbolism and the language of flowers.
- Roses represent romance, passion, and love. They are iconic for romantic occasions and holidays like Valentine’s Day and Romance Month.
- Daisies are sweet symbols of innocence, new beginnings, and true love. Send daisies to someone you just met or are starting a new relationship with.
- Orchids are linked to luxury, refinement, love, and beauty, making them ideal for your sophisticated sweetheart or a fancy, elegant romantic evening.
- Liles symbolize longing in addition to love, romance, and passion. So, if you are missing your partner or are in a long-distance relationship, lilies might be perfect to express your emotions.
- Sunflowers, while often connected to sunshine, peace, optimism, and happiness, signify adoration, love, and loyalty. Sunflowers are among the best blooms for celebrating love and romance this August.
Did you Know?!
- People are falling in love differently these days, with 35 million singles reporting that they utilize online dating sites – and this crosses over all demographics. However, the old-school ways still work, apparently – approximately 10,000 marriages per year are attributed to sharing a cup of coffee as a first date.
- Some traditions are almost gone, with only 20% of prospective grooms getting on one knee to ask the big question, and only 5% seeking out the permission and blessing of the parents.
- There are 19 cities in the United States inspired by romance. Die-hard romantics can choose to live in Valentine, Nebraska; Romeo, Colorado; or Love Valley, North Carolina. Since none of these towns are located in proximity to Tucson, we recommend adding the spark yourself, by sending your sweetheart one of the beautiful bouquets from our Love & Romance Collection.
- More men than women experience “love at first sight,” which can be described as the release of love hormones, like dopamine and oxytocin, when you first meet or interact with someone.
National Romance Month gives you the perfect opportunity to surprise the one you love with love and affection – so have fun! Write some poetry, pack a picnic, go dancing – but don’t forget the flowers. Casas Adobes Flower Shop is here to provide the flowers for your love story – because romance should be celebrated all year long.