June is National Rose Month!
June is filled with wonderful things. Such as graduations…weddings….the start of summer & family vacations! But best of all…it’s National Rose Month! Here were some ideas to celebrate.
- Fight the recession blues by adding at least one new rose to your garden.
- Show your children or grandchildren how to plant and care for roses.
- Host a garden party for your fellow rosarians.
- Set up a tour of your rose gardening club member’s gardens.
- Visit a public rose garden near you.
- Join a local rose gardening club.
- Begin a garden blog to celebrate your rose garden.
- Post photos or videos of local rose gardens on Flickr or Facebook.
- If you are a scrapbooker, create a special page or whole scrapbook devoted to your garden, especially your roses.
- Take a shut-in to visit a public rose garden near you.
- Give a rose plant to a nearby nursing home.
- Volunteer to help care for the roses at a local park.
The GardenSites.Info Directory is the place to go to find public gardens and rose garden societies by state.
We are celebrating by offering our roses on sale all month long! So what are you celebrating today?